Has the sun been very obvious recently? Well, in the Philippines, things are starting to heat up! What do we get in March, aside from Fire Prevention Month?
Some countries think of March as the beginning of spring, as it brings the vernal equinox, the Full Worm Moon and the return of the Daylight Saving Time.
For a start, did you know that “March” is named for the Roman god of war, Mars? I’m sure many of you are familiar with him; if not read then probably watched in some fiction movies. He had developed into a god of war by historical times. Based on the Mythology, Mars was the protector of Rome. Mars was based on the Greek god Ares, the Greek god of war. While Ares was a source of destructive conflicts that tore apart communities, Mars was a source of productive struggles that brought lasting peace.
Whoa! Did I bore you with my mythology geeky stories? There are a lot of things that interest me and one of those is digging deeper into name chronicles. March, you got to be tough and scorching! Now, here are some of the interesting specifics March brought us.
1. As Manila reaches as high as 32°C on occasion, and in the southern parts of the tropical archipelago it gets warmer, so by March things are starting to heat up across the Philippines. This month is still a popular time to visit the country and the coastal beaches of Palawan, Boracay Island, and Siargao. Expect eight hours of sunshine every day, and enjoy the seaside breeze that takes the edge off the heat.
2. The March equinox takes place on March 20, 2022. When the Northern Hemisphere starts to tilt toward the sun, this is known as the vernal equinox because it signals the beginning of spring which means longer, sunnier days. In the Southern Hemisphere, autumn begins. Did you know that in Japan, the vernal equinox (‘Shunbun no Hi’) is a welcome holiday, as it marks the end of winter and the arrival of spring?
3. The month of March was declared as Fire Prevention Month because according to Presidential Proclamation No. 115-A, this period has the most number of fire incidents happening across the country. Based on statistics, most fires happen during this month since the summer season is starting. Fire safety awareness is important to make sure that everyone knows how to respond to fire danger. One must keep calm and know the basic actions that should be carried out when a fire breaks out.
4. Every year, International Women’s Day is celebrated on March 8 to disseminate the message of gender equality and work together in making a better society. For this year, the United Nations declared the theme of the day as “Gender equality today for a sustainable tomorrow”. This also celebrates the contributions of women of the past, present, and future generations and recognizes achievements they have made throughout history in a variety of fields.
5. Small businesses play a significant role in the United States economy. To honor all small business owners, they celebrate National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day each year on March 29th. Small businesses that had been passed from generations brighten their neighborhoods and connect their communities. Book sales, flower shops, burger kiosks, and laundromats around the nations hold their heads high as they compete with big businesses. Don’t forget to visit the shops near you.
As part of a company that started with a humble beginning, Grow Forward JP, Inc. offers digital services appropriate for start-ups and existing businesses. By exploring their website, you will surely appreciate their technological innovations. Through their connections, they certainly can deliver the best customer service.